Jerome O. Cohen
As an attorney and legal counselor with a background in business, I take an entrepreneurial approach to proactively identifying and solving your business and legal issues. My goal is to provide responsive, high-quality legal advice and services that economically and practically meet your needs. In bringing my 43 years of informed experience to the table, I apply my seasoned judgment and expertise to help you attain your goals.
I have first-hand business experience, having served as president of a building construction company with a multi-million dollar volume. I was directly responsible for management, operation, and construction of substantial commercial and multi-family building projects in Washington and Alaska for both private developers and governmental agencies. In addition, I served as vice president and general counsel for construction and real estate development companies, being responsible for the legal review and documentation of tens of millions of dollars worth of commercial and multi-family residential development, construction, and management.
Whether you are starting a new business or have been in operation for many years, a trusted legal counselor will be key in making solid strategic decisions that help you reach your goals. For over 40 years I have endeavored to create lasting partnerships with my clients, based on trust and efficacy. I will work on your behalf to provide exceptional insight to your needs, particularly in the areas of business and real estate transactions, business formation and succession, estate planning, wills, and trusts. I aim to be your guide through these strategic waters and look forward to working with you to meet your specific requirements.
I am delighted to call beautiful West Seattle home. My community activities include serving as an active member of the Board of Directors of the Samis Foundation, a private nonprofit foundation, Board Member of the Washington Higher Education Facilities Authority and on the President’s Council for South Seattle College. I also conduct seminars for LMI Educational Services on the laws and responsibilities of being a Notary Public.
- J.D., University of San Diego
- B.A., University of Washington
- Certified Mediation Training, University of Washington School of Law
- Certified Arbitration Training, NASD Regulation, Inc.
- Certified Arbitration Panel Chair Training, NASD Regulation, Inc.
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
Certifications and Licenses
- Licensed Real Estate Sales Person
- Member FINRA Dispute Resolution Board of Arbitrators
- King County Superior Court Arbitrato
- Board of Trustees, Samis Foundation
- Board Member, Washington Higher Education Facilities Authority
- Board Member, South Seattle College President’s Counci
General Representative Matters
- Business formation, capitalization, and financing
- Business acquisition and sales
- Business contracts, consultation, and advice
- Dispute resolution through arbitration and mediation
- Real estate purchases, sales, leasing, financing, and management
- Conventional and HUD-financed multi-family properties
- Condominium development and homeowner associations
- Estate and succession planning
- Wills and trust