Imants F. Holmquist
Power in legal disputes and negotiations means having strong knowledge of the law and understanding of the issues to take effective action at every opportunity. A key reason clients hire me is that I keep my eye on their business goals. In other words, I get deals done. I’m enthusiastic about cooperating with my clients to build and develop their projects and aspirations.
All transactions have risk. What’s important is moving forward in as protected a manner as possible — understanding which of those risks are worth losing sleep over and require protective measures, and which should be understood, but ultimately not kill a deal. Balancing this dichotomy is an art as much as a skill.
I strongly care about the outcomes I obtain for our clients. I understand that when a client has a favorable outcome, he or she will be a client for life. To develop this relationship, I start from the position that responsiveness is essential: where possible I try to respond to all communications within 24 hours.
I was born and raised in the Seattle area. I grew up speaking Latvian and gained proficiency in Swedish while studying in Sweden. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my wife and three children, playing golf, skiing, and attending Husky football games.
- J.D., Seattle University
- B.S., University of Washington, International Studies – Int. Economics focus and Scandinavian Studies
- Washington State Bar Association
- Brighton Apartments – Board of Directors
- Sigma Tau Educational Foundation – Board of Directors (a non-profit providing scholarships for students at the University of Washington)
- The Seattle Graduate Chapter – Board of Directors, Chairman (the graduate chapter of the fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta at the University of Washington)
Recent Representative Matters
- Represented buyer in purchase of fast food franchise location in Poulsbo, WA, with sale price of $2.5M.
- Represented borrower in $345M loan secured by commercial property in downtown Seattle, Washington, including review of loan documents and enforceability opinion letter.
- Represented borrower in $97M loan secured by commercial property in downtown Seattle, Washington, including review of loan documents and enforceability opinion letter.
- Represented developer in negotiation of LLC Operating Agreement for development of 40+ unit multi-family property on Capitol Hill.
- Represented tenant in negotiation and drafting of a lease of office and warehouse space encompassing an entire building located in the SODO district of Seattle, WA.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of lease for entire mixed use high rise building in downtown Seattle, WA.
- Represented buyer of two casinos in South King County.
- Represented owner in negotiation of development agreement relating to commercial property in Columbia City valued at $8.5M.
- Assisted mid-sized law firm in Seattle with redrafting of governing documents.
- General Counsel for ongoing businesses and property development companies.